Food. Lifestyle. Love

Monday 30 April 2012

Tres leches (three milk) cake - A surprising treat


I remembered reading Fakhirah's and Faris's comment on Samira Facebook that they missed her tres leches cake. Samira, half Iranian and half Mexican, has been brought up appreciating both cultures and food,  is a food junkie like me. If there is a food that she likes, the food definitely tastes good.   I was curios about the taste of  tres leches cake (from Spanish means three milk cake) that I tried making it myself.  



It was really yummy, and reminds me of Tiramisu minus the lady finger biscuit and mascarpone cheese. The cake is topped with whipped cream and dusted with semisweet cocoa powder. The cake itself is dry, but after combinig it with milks, the cake tasted really good.


It is best served chilled. Another cake that goes to my favorite list :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Powered by Blogger.

© 2011 Muniroh's Bakery, AllRightsReserved.

Designed by ScreenWritersArena