Food. Lifestyle. Love

Tuesday 12 February 2013

My first experience making wedding cake using cream cheese

Hey guys, I haven't updated my blog for a while. Was busy writing up my thesis and I'm pretty glad that I've finished writing. Just need to edit and submit my thesis alhamdulillah :D

A while ago a friend of mine asked if I could make wedding cake for her wedding. I've never done it but I was really eager to make one. I am a buttercream person so I don't make fondant cakes. Fondant is pretty, and I am amazed with beautifully crafted fondant cakes, but I don't like the taste of fondant. Besides, it takes a lot of time to make a really pretty and neat fondant cake, which is not suitable for a night-time baker like me.

My friend was okay with the cream cheese frosting, and I told her the design that I could make for her. We discussed over several things; the height, design, price range, color etc. I didn't sketch the design, because I always imagined it in my head (aside from the fact my drawing talent has been declining after I graduated from high school), but my friend was okay with my idea.

I have very small oven thus I have to wait long hours baking the cakes. Because of that, it took me 11 hours to finish making her cake. I was happy with the product though, and she was too after receiving the MMS of her wedding cake.





I am glad that she liked it, and I am happy that I was given an opportunity and trust to make one. Someone said that a wedding is not complete without a cake, and I agree with that even though I don't have one at my wedding :)

Thanks Ermi Lihan for your order, and you were a beautiful bride :)



0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Powered by Blogger.

© 2011 Muniroh's Bakery, AllRightsReserved.

Designed by ScreenWritersArena