Food. Lifestyle. Love

Sunday 22 March 2015

Recipe: Orange drizzle cake

I have problem with eating fruits - I'm lazy to peel and cut them into pieces. In the end, I have to make them into smoothies or cakes. This is one of the perfect example. My hubby brought a huge bag of oranges (my definition of huge is actually a normal size bag for other people), and I was dumbfounded of what to do with them. I was hoping he will eat some if he were hungry, but I was wrong. The oranges lay at the same spot without being touched by both of us. So after several weeks, and I could clearly see the oranges almost turn bad, I push myself to peel them and make orange juices and tea cake. Well, more energy wasted there, but the taste and texture are definitely better than eating fresh fruits *smirk*



Anyway, this is a very simple cake and you cake substitute lemon or other citrus to make it.









Orange drizzle cake
[click for printable version]

Ingredients:
6 eggs
350 g castor sugar
1/2 teaspoon of salt
360 g flour, sifted
2 teaspoon baking powder
150 g butter, melted
200 ml cream
Finely grated zest of 3 large oranges

Drizzle:
100 ml water
3 tablespoons sugar
Juice of 3 large oranges

Method:
1. Preheat the oven to 160 degrees Celsius and grease a bundt pan.
2. In a large bow, beat the eggs, sugar, salt, flour and baking powder. Add the melted butter, cream and lemon zest to the mixture.
3. Pour the batter into a bundt pan and bake for 50 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the cake comes out clean.
4. Prepare the drizzle by combining all the ingredients into a small pot on high heat until the mixture boils. Reduce the heat and simmer for 10 minutes and set aside.
5. Remove the cake from the oven and pour the drizzle onto the cake (while it is still in the pan). Leave the cake to cool and invert the cake pan onto a plate.
6. Serve with tea or coffee







p.s: The only fruit that I don't mind to peel and eat it fresh is Durian! Weird, but that is my most favorite fruit in the world (no matter how disgusting my non-Malaysian friend might think :P)

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Powered by Blogger.

© 2011 Muniroh's Bakery, AllRightsReserved.

Designed by ScreenWritersArena