Food. Lifestyle. Love

Saturday 9 June 2012

Banana galore week - Banana cake

Ila came to me last Monday, and offered me pisang nangka (pisang - banana; pisang nangka - a variety of banana that has sweet and sour taste) that she got from one of the staffs. I took few pieces to bake cake when suddenly she offered me all of them since no one wanted to have them.

 I called my mom and asked what kind of Malay desserts use pisang nangka, and to my disspointment my mom said pisang goreng (banana friters) and serawa (a type of Malay dessert that mainly consists of coconut milk). I haven't used lots of oil and coconut milk for a while and I don't want to start now.

I decided to bake cake instead even though I know that Malaysians won't use this variety of banana for cake because of its sourish taste. I was having a hard time finding a suitable recipe from my collections thus I decided to play safe and bake banana cake with cream cheese frosting - everyone loves cream cheese right :D



The cake was really nice. I put extra banana thus it tasted a little bit like cekodok (banana balls), and the cream cheese really complemented the cake. I brought the cake to the lab and everyone loved it :)

I will post another banana dessert next time :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Powered by Blogger.

© 2011 Muniroh's Bakery, AllRightsReserved.

Designed by ScreenWritersArena