Food. Lifestyle. Love

Friday 1 June 2012

My birthday cake - Dense vanilla cake with vanilla bean frosting

First of all I want to thank all of you for the birthday wish. Yup, my birthday was last Monday (May 28th) and as all of you expected, I baked my own cake hehehe. I am a  big fan of vanilla so I baked myself a very dense vanilla cake covered with vanilla bean frosting with the help of my lovely husband (thanks sayang :) ). The result...DELISH! Very vanilla-ey :D

The dense cake tasted like kek lapis (layer cake) from Sarawak. It was not spongy like normal cake, but dense and soft.


Owh, the vanilla bean that I scrapped out from vanilla pod brought out intense vanilla-ey taste. If it isn't for the price, I definitely use it for all my cakes.


I brought the cake to the lab where I'm working at, and my lab mates totally love it hehe. Too bad my supervisor came late and couldn't taste the yummy cake huhu. En Azmi finished up the last piece :P

Look at the texture o the cake, it is really dense right? and if you look closely, you could see the vanilla beans :D

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Powered by Blogger.

© 2011 Muniroh's Bakery, AllRightsReserved.

Designed by ScreenWritersArena