Food. Lifestyle. Love

Sunday 6 May 2012

Sunday Brunch - Oven pancake, poached egg with Hollaindaise sauce

I felt quite hungry after cleaning up the house. It was too early for lunch, but too late for simple breakfast. So I decided to cook brunch. Honestly, brunch is my favorite meal time of all! I remembered when I was an undergraduate, me and my friends always looking forward to go to the dining common during weekends. The DC (dining common) always offered yummy and lots of foods during brunch- omelette, waffle, fish burger etc


I was eager to eat waffle but we don't have a waffle maker that I decided to cook oven pancake. Oven pancake is pretty common in Germany unfortunately I don't know what it is called in Deutsch. The taste is a little bit similar with waffle, but more crispy and oogy-soft.


Knowing that the pancake alone is not enough for brunch, I decided to make poached egg with Hollaindaise sauce as well. The sauce tasted really good, creamy and a little bit sour. The sauce surprisingly goes well with the oven pancake too haha. 


We are so full that I think I will cook simple dinner for tonight :D

Oven pancake

3 large eggs
1 cup milk
1 cup all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon vanilla essence
5 tablespoon butter, melted
1 teaspoon icing sugar
salt

1. Preheat oven to 220 degrees Celsius. Combine eggs, milk, flour and vanilla essence in a small bowl. Whisk until well combined. 
2. Pour melted butter in an oven proof dish, and pour the pancake batter in the dish. Bake in the oven for 20 minutes or until brown. Dust it with icing sugar if desired.

Poached egg

2 eggs
3 tablespoon vinegar

1. Fill up a pot with water, combine vinegar and heat it up until boiling. Turn down the heat, and put an egg in a ladle and slowly immerse the egg in the boiling water. Use two tablespoons, and cover the egg white to the egg yolk. Do the same for the rest of the eggs.
2. Let the eggs cook for about 3-4 minutes, take the eggs and put them inside cold water, and remove them and set on a plate.

Hollaindaise sauce

2 egg yolk
Worcestershire sauce
1 limau kasturi, you can use 1 tablespoon of lemon juice
Salt
1/2 cup butter, melted

1. Whisk egg yolk until foamy, combine 2 drops of Worcestershire sauce and lime juice. In a double boiler, whisk the egg yolk with melted butter. Keep whisking until the sauce is thick.
2. Remove the sauce and seasoned with salt. 


2 comments:

y.y.yasmin said...

Hi! The name is called Dutch baby pancake ;) love your blog!

Unknown said...

really? hoho the name differs from one place to another I guess, some call it Big German as well

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Powered by Blogger.

© 2011 Muniroh's Bakery, AllRightsReserved.

Designed by ScreenWritersArena