Food. Lifestyle. Love

Saturday 28 July 2012

Crème brûlée cake

I'm easily influenced by cartoons, anime, movies when it comes to food. I remember when I watched High School Musical when I was an undergraduate, I felt like making  crème brûlée  because one of the supporting actors was into cooking and want to make the perfect  crème brûlée . I never tasted it and decided to make it shortly after watching the movie. 

Since then, it has become one of my favorite desserts. I kept making it whenever I have extra money (since I was a poor college student - and yet I am still a poor graduate student). When I came back to Malaysia, I am quite pissed with the price of  crème brûlée offered by the restaurants here. Not only it is pricey, the size is really small as well.


Anyway,  crème brûlée  has always been my favorite because of its rich creamy taste, and I have been looking   for recipe to make the cake version of it like the  crème brûlée  cheesecake at Secret Recipe. To my disappointment, I could not find any so I decided to make up the recipe myself. And voila~ my first trial of  crème brûlée cake. A layer of cake and cream with burned cream on top.



I make the cream part really thick because I like it that way hehe, but I could adjust the thickness the way that you want it to be :) The price of crème brûlée cake depends on the thickness of cream that you want, technically thicker cream will be more expensive since I will be using more heavy cream (and that costs a lot!).


Anyway, when I brought the cake to the la, it finished almost instantly! and lots of people love it :D That shows how good the cake is :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Powered by Blogger.

© 2011 Muniroh's Bakery, AllRightsReserved.

Designed by ScreenWritersArena